12.20.2011

Picture the Holidays




I have not been doing too well keeping up with my daily prompts.
It’s just so hard with so much that still needs to be done around here.

My boys will be home soon. Son #2 should be here in the next day or two.
Son #1 and his fiancé will be here Christmas Eve. It will be her first Christmas away from her 6 yr old son. He will be spending Christmas with his dad. I know it will be hard for her.
I hope we can help fill a little bit of the void.


So here are a few shots from my daily prompts.

angel copy Day 9:  It’s a Sign

I like to think I have a few angels watching over me. You?

cosmo copyDay 13: Simply Divine

Hubby brought me outside to show me what sprouted up in the middle of the lawn.
A lonely cosmo. I thought it was divine!


white lights copy
Vintage Polaroid pink lights copy
Day 16: The Season of Lights

Played with some bokeh.


cookies copy
Day 18: Recharge

A hot cup of tea and some homemade molasses cookies.

I made a couple of batches today and sent some to my mom. They are a good cookie to mail.
It’s a really easy and quick recipe so I thought I’d pass it along to you all.
I found the recipe on Allrecipes.com. It’s a great site and I use it all the time. I can save my recipes right there and even add notes to them.  It yielded more cookies for me then it stated. 

Here is the link to the recipe.

I hope you’ll give them a try.
Have a great week! 
We’re in the final count down to the big day!

16 comments:

  1. Love making those cookies....might have to make some more. Made some a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are beautiful pictures- and i think there are definitely angels watching over us if we believe in them. i do- and i know mine are watching over me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little angel is very precious! Enjoy your week! Happy holidays! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey There,
    My name is Amanda and I am brand new to the world of blogging. I am actually getting ready to write my 3rd post ever and the topic is decorating, home improvement, etc and my current obsession. I have been following your blogs since the summer and wanted to know if you would mind me adding your link to a list of blogs I am loving right now. I am not sure all the blogging rules and legalities so I figured it couldn't hurt to send you an email to get your okay. If it is a problem, please let me know. Thanks so much!
    :)

    Amanda
    http://followingmydreams0811.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures as usual! I think you will make her very comfortable even though her son will not be with her! At least she's not home alone. That's the main thing. Have a wonderful holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to have family "home" for the holidays! I'm looking forward to having all of mine together too...

    And the photos are fab! The cookie, cup and lights would make a great card.

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the lights during this season for sure!

    Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you will have a full house for Christmas, Anita! Those cookies make me think of my mom, she always made them. Yum! Great photos of the lights, too. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anita, that little angel is so cute!! Love it!! Enjoy your holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are so wonderful, Anita! Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such gorgeous photos, Anita!
    I'm betting your son's fiance will LOVE being with all of you.
    xo
    lynn
    p.s. thanks for the cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shut up with the bokeh! That's fabulous. Don't even ask where I am with the prompts. What day is it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I'll make some of those today. :) You got some great shots there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos. Of course, I'm in love with all the bokeh shots...and the cookies :) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow a cookie you can send in the mail. A great Christmas idea.
    Merry Christmas
    I am having a wonderful Hoilday giveaway. The prize is a gorgeous Coastasl Style Interiors book. If you have a little time, I'd love it if you would join in.
    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses.customized shirts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails