9.21.2011

Newel Post Fern Stand



I remember finding this post at the market in Mount Dora.
You have to buy things early if you want the good stuff.
I had the seller hang on to it until the end of the day.
It would have been a bear to lug around all day.

Rose showed us her post and it was then that I realized that what I thought was the mark from and old number 8 was really where the hand rail had been attached. You can see it on her post.

That was a palm smack to the forehead moment for me.
Ever have those?

pillar_edited-1 copy

It looked like this when I bought it and stayed that way for a long time.
They are great to add a little architectural interest to a rather nondescript space.

pillar before_edited-1

But it was a bit dark in this house so I decided to lighten it up.
Martha Stewart’s Heavy Cream to the rescue.

pillar5_edited-1   pillar3_edited-1

It has these great little details on the corners.

bucket_edited-1 fern_edited-1

I shined up the champagne bucket while I was at it.
I like the mix of the shiny silver with the old wood.
I’m not sure if the fern will stay but I picked it up the other day and it fit right in there.
I'm picturing a big pumpkin or some tall wheat for Fall.


pillar2_edited-1 copy

The post fits into this little corner that is part of my foyer.
And it doesn't take up much space.
I have a very little foyer. I can’t really even call it that.

But I guess I just did.

Linking up with:
French Country Cottage: Feathered Nest Friday

image

23 comments:

  1. www.orchidlanedecor.com

    Looks awesome with that gorgeous champagne bucket!

    Suzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, I love it. I love columns anyway and yours is perfect in that corner. The fern looks great in the bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post seems like it was made for that spot. I can see a pumpkin on it for fall too! How's the trim painting going? Maybe you will ahve some tips and tricks for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks outstanding...love the fern in the bucket. I hope to make it to Mount Dora one day:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks perfect there and I love it all lightened up! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving it in the cream color! It really brings out the gorgeous details on that piece. I may be looking for a champagne bucket now, see what you started? That looks so perfect where you have it; like it was made for that spot.
    Thanks for linking to my Newel post too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, Anita! I really like it! And I've NEVER thought of using them for a plant stand. You are a craft queen!!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome looking! And love how you are using it. I'm keeping my eye open for one myself now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect! It looks like it was made for that little corner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is so cute andperfect in white. and really, could it fit in that corner any better? no, it could not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anita, that newel post transformation is amazing!! I love that you use it as a fern stand-just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous. Love the champagne bucket with the ferns in it on top. You can put all kinds of things on that. Nice job! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anita, The post is perfect for that little space! I also love the bucket with the fern.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah, white paint makes everything better, no? And it is perfect for the space. And that reminds me, I have a pland stand that looks similar, hidden in my basement, needing a coat of white paint . . .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that Anita! What a neat idea with the plant in the silver bucket too, I love the look. Thanks for your sweet comments on the pizza oven.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your champagne bucket adds a lot of interest to the spot also... the white paint is so much nicer.. wish I had a foyer of any size...
    Nice....
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, I love this! I love the combination of the post painted white with the shine of the champagne bucket! And placing a fern inside the bucket was inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like it white. That champagne bucket on top looks very 'manor house'~cool even if you do have a small foyer. I think it fits there like it was made to go in that spot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anita,
    This is gorgeous. I love it in the white. I'm going to have to check out that color by Miss Martha.
    And the champagne bucket? Perfection.
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  20. This post is a clone of the one I have!!! I LOVE yours white!!!!(mine is white also). It fits perfect in your little spot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this POST! Get it! Your post about a post rail!!

    It is darling in Martha's creamy white....well done.

    Ciao Bella

    CREATIVE CARMELINA


    I was happy to be a part of your "morning".

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks great in white & a love the champagne bucket touch! Perfect for that little corner!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey there Anita! I think it definitely fits perfectly in that spot!! Love the chunkiness of it and the details~ and that champagne bucket is fantastic! I am going to have to go shine mine up now too! lol! Thanks for sharing at my party this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails