9.14.2011

The new source book is here…
the new source book is here!



I have been doing nothing the past few days except painting trim white.
So I have nothing to show you guys. It’s just been prime, prime, paint, paint.
The doorways are the worst. But boy is it looking better.

We’ve been putting in all new doors. 
No more flat paneled, stained doors that suck up every little bit of light in this house. 
The difference in lighting is amazing. Especially upstairs where there are not a lot of windows.
I will show you the new doors soon. They have yet to be painted!
But even with just primer they are so much better.

I did get this in the mail the other day.

RH

The new Restoration Hardware catalog.
Oh wait, excuse me…..Source Book.
Yes, It has morphed from a simple catalog to a source book.

Look at the size difference.
(yes, I still have last Fall’s catalog)

RH 2

It’s bigger then my phone book. And heavier too.

It’s 615 pages.

Yes, that’s right, six HUNDRED and fifteen pages!

It’s so big that it’s awkward to hold and flip through.

It is the War and Peace of catalogs.
Sorry, source books.

RH 3

The thing is, they have a lot of the same stuff in it from last years measly catalog.
Same girnomous sized furniture. Same greige tones.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the look of a lot of their pieces.
And I do like things a bit on the larger size. 

It’s just I don’t live in the type of house that most of it could fit in.

RH 4_edited-1

This bed is pretty normal sized. I could swing that.
That is if I had $2195 burning a hole in my pocket.

But this sofa….

cat1580034 
Yeah, not so much.

And the enormous birdcage lights are a big no too.
I would need reeeeally high ceilings.

I just think that it was a bit of an overkill sending out a book this size to everyone.
I can’t even throw it in my bag so I can flip through it when I’m out and about.

I could pull a muscle or something.

What about you? Have you seen the new….book?
Any favorite new pieces or is it more of the same?


image

16 comments:

  1. Yep, I got mine too. They also sent one to my husband, so were covered. I went to RH on Monday. Ohhhh, how I love that store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually on the look out for a small birdcage since I saw the catalog. I want to do a small version of it. :)

    I have a friend that found an almost identical mirror than one of theirs at Home Goods for $99! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. No source book for me. But with my itty bitty house, I'm not sure I need one. Not only are the items in the book too large for my house, the book is too.
    heh. And I love that movie line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... that sofa! I mean... wow! Yeah, no space in this house for those things either!

    Suzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty big! I wouldn't mind having one for some inspiration though. Will have to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol

    I have mine too...pretty huge! ;) I don't have the room nor the $$ to buy any of their furniture...but I do enjoy their accessories & inspiration. ;)

    XO's,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen the new catalog yet...but I'm with you on that sofa! My first thought when I saw the picture was, "Yikes. That thing would be a b**** to clean!" It looks like a major dustcatcher. Ditto with the birdcages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not seen the new catalog yet, but this past weekend I was in a huge Restoration store in my daughter's college town. And I have to say, I love the rustic wood table theme they've got going on, but all the burlap looking furniture, not so much. I sat down in a chair, trying to understand the allure, thinking to myself, "Okay, well I'm sure it, at least, doesn't feel like burlap." Yep. It feels like burlap. I don't get it. I don't get paying 11 bajillion dollars to sit on burlap.

    Also, the candle I liked was fifty dollars. Fifty. Dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I like their whole look since they went postmodern funereal...I mean, do I really want to sit on a couch that looks like the lining of a casket?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that book on my coffee table, I had to throw it down, I mean gently place it down. Ahhhh...I just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's like we're on the same page! I've been painting trim as well. Two rooms completely done, 4 if you count bathrooms! Good for you. I may be done by THIS Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Been there/done that" with the painting trim and doors. It IS a lot of work but oh-so-worth-it when you are done. Makes a world of difference.

    I've never been in a RH store or bought anything from them so I don't know why I got a catalog, but I did. I tried to look through it but the colors (or lack thereof) was downright depressing. Blah. Shepherdsgrace described the look well..."post modern funeral"! I promptly threw the "source book" in the garbage. What a HUGE waste of (money and) paper.

    (I'm surprised Debbie (@ Debbiedoos) liked it. She's a "colorful" girl.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen it, but it does look a little on the large side. Sort of like that sofa. HOLY HUGE TUFTED SPACE HOG!!!!
    But hey, it can still be useful. As a source book. Maybe there are things in there you could hack. or you could just keep it in the kitchen to use as a step stool when you need to get something from the top shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was wondering the same thing. Thank you for the post! I wasn't sure what it was when it came in the mail and when I opened it, I realized I had seen most of it before. Love that couch though. Would love to move just so I have room for it...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with Shari...mine went right in the garbage...after I ranted to my hubby for a while about what a waste it was. I hate it since they have decided that color is non existent and the big photo of the CEO was not winning me over either. Oh...I also sent an e-mail to the company explaining my dismay. I rarely do that! I used to love their stuff. I can no longer find any inspiration there.

    Oh...by the way, I'm your newest follower :) and it's nice to see another Florida girl in blogland.
    fran

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok. So I'm already a follower it appears. But for some reason you weren't on my dashboard. You are now. Won't miss another post...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails