8.13.2011

Marietta Square




On our trip last weekend we made a stop at the farmer’s market in Marietta.

I always love going to Marietta Square.

I wish the weather had been better. The gray skies did not make for pretty pictures.

The market was filled with lots of home grown and home baked goodies.

I would have loved to take some of these home.

flowers_edited-1

sunflowers_edited-1

 The Strand theater was brought back to it’s old glory.

It’s so pretty inside. It’s been around since 1935.

strand_edited-1

In the center of the square is a beautiful fountain.

The kids can run around and play.

There are lots of benches to sit and read or just people watch. 

There is always something going on in the park.

fountain_edited-1

So many gorgeous old homes are around the square.

Look at that deep wrap around porch!

I wish I had taken more shots. But it was starting to rain.

Do you know who lives in Marietta?

Aton Brown from The Food Network.

Yup.
Not in that house though.

house_edited-1

Also, have you seen the movie Zombieland? You should, it’s hilarious.

Anyway, there were some scenes shot in Marietta.

That evening we stopped in a coffee shop for some cappuccinos.

A friend, who’s more like a 4th son, works there and he made them special for us.

They were so good!

coffee_edited-1

I hope everyone is have a relaxing weekend.

I want to remind you to click over and enter my giveaway. There is a link on my sidebar.

Okay, I’ll make it even easier for you,  you can click HERE.

Wouldn’t you love a canvas print from Uprinting.com?

see ya,

image

20 comments:

  1. That theater reminds me so much of an old timey theater I use to go to as a girl because they played kid movies on Saturday mornings.

    I want that house and I want to make pretty coffe toppings like a barista when I grow up!

    Looks like a great place.

    Btw, for some reason, I'm having a problem commenting on the giveaway post from my iPhone. I'll have to retry from the laptop tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love picking up fresh flowers from the market - they're so much cheaper and last twice as long!
    x
    Melissah
    Coastal Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita~ I remember seeing that Theatre... great shots,,, great memories,,, great post!
    Smiles~
    Gypsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going to the market on a Saturday morning!! So much happiness and everything is so fresh and wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that house is beautiful! and so are the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the flower shots turned out beautifully! And I'm a sucker for a good coffee shop. Would be hard to live in a town that didn't have one..., not that I necessarily go often. I'd love to see how the foam hearts are shaped!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not written this so I can muscle in on your wonderful giveaway but to say hello and to say what a beautiful place Marietta is. I am quite envious and Hubby would love one of those coffees.
    I love your blog and as I am particularly fond of the coast I am now signed up as your latest follower.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marietta, where?

    Those flowers are gorgeous just waiting there to be picked up and taken home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers you showed are just gorgeous! I would love to have a bunch or two or three!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to visit the south some day~it looks so pretty!
    Yup. I have seen zombieland. Cardio. Doubletap. Wear your seatbelt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those flowers are amazing. The colors are so bright and looking at them makes you feel happy doesn't it? Sounds like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely place...

    Amazing photos especially the flowers.

    Nice post.

    Have a lovely week ahead ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great place and the market is amazing as are those flowers!! I am so glad that you had a great trip.
    Enjoy your day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like a really wonderful place to be, Anita! Thanks so much for taking me around! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those flower images are such a delight! What a fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely place. I would love to spend some time there. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pictures look very pretty, especially those flowers! Sounds like you had a nice time :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a lovely place to spend some downtime. Those flowers are gorgeous! The cappuccinos look perfect right now... yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks marvelous! I love the south and hope to spend more time there one day (hubby is from the South). What a fun trip. I am loving that theater...and those flowers. I do want to go find Alton's house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails