11.21.2010

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...

While I do love brown paper packages tied up with strings, I could do without the schnitzel with noodles. Name that musical.  

I'm joining Melissa @ 320 Sycamore. She is having a party about favorite things. These are a few of mine in no particular order.

Scarves. I love a long scarf loosely wrapped around my neck. It can dress up a casual tee shirt, keep your neck warm on a windy day and help hide things like extra chins or sagging skin. And they make great gifts.

http://www.lizjohnsonbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/scarves.jpg

Fresh flowers. Hydrangeas are a flower that I love. They are easy to grow and cut and bring inside to enjoy. One bloom can fill up a vase.



Lotions and potions. I've mentioned this hand cream before. When I found this set at GW for under $10 I was thrilled. A great cream that is not greasy. 


Burt's Bees makes great lip products. This one I love because it's slim and can slip into your pocket and gives a tint of color.


burts bees lip shimmer photo
Treasure hunting. Going to sales that look like this. I love digging through stuff. Finding that treasure that puts a smile on your face like you just won the lotto. Oh what a feeling! You fellow junkers know what I mean.



Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares are always in my desk. It's a joke around here that I'm hiding them since everyone knows that they are there. But I keep them close by and have one or two almost every day. Life is too short.


I have no idea how many times I have seen this movie but I laugh each and every time. We are a movie quoting family around here and The Princess Bride is filled with great lines. "Inconceivable"

The Princess Bride Poster

Lastly I will say sunsets. Corny I know. I am a sucker for a beautiful sunset and I never tire of photographing them. Each and every one is splendid in it's own way. It's like a gift that is given to you at the end of each and every day.


favorite things button


Funky Junk Interiors SNS: Favorite Things

see you later,

21 comments:

  1. Aw, great list! Thanks for your comment on my favorite things, thought I'd return the favor! Yay for scarves! Princess Bride IS totally awesome... I wish more people IRL would be able to quote it back with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list. Isn't the L'Occitane line great? I DO love schnitzel!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your list, but one of my favorite things is that gorgeous white frame with the burlap bag in it! Sheer genius. I'm on the hunt.....
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a girl after my own heart!!! Love your list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita,

    We may have a similar DNA! Oh my goodness. Honestly and I'm not just saying this....all except - Princess Bride - only because I haven't seen it...we are the same!!!

    The cream I've never tried, but I just know that I would LOVE it!!!!

    Scarf - around my neck as I type this.
    Ghiradelli - every. single. day.
    Hydrangeas - FAVORITE
    Sunsets/Skies - FAVORITE
    Burt's Bees Lips - in every bag of mine!
    Flea Markets - get lost in them. every item has a story.

    Thanks for sharing!
    xo
    ~Kolein

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garage sale shot is just as dreamy as the sunset one. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list of favourite things. Scarves are wonderful and I need to use them more often. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We need to buy Kolein a copy of the Princess Bride.. seriously! Great faves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That last picture is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita,
    We have some of the same favorites...thriftin and beautiful hydrangeas...maybe that's why we are blogging buddies!!!! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous sunset! I love them, too! I have serious L'Occitane envy! I can't believe that you found the set for $10, they are SO expensive! I love Burt's Bee's anything, too! And scarves can camouflage a multitude of sins:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the things you love. Especially long scarfs and L"Occitane.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your list. I love Burt's Bees too and I seriously cannot believe you got all that L'Occitane lotion for $10...you lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anita..
    we are similar in loving sunsets,,
    especially those on the coast!
    I don't do Chocolate..
    but do enjoy a soft scarf in the winter..
    haven't tried that lotion or Burt's Bees products..YET!
    but Hydrangeas and junk sale treasure hunts are my cup of tea!
    warm sandy hugs..
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh, great favs! I feel like I know you better now. Love Princess Bride. It's a family fav here too.
    And the Ghiradelli chocolate? Why, it's for medicinal purposes, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like a lot of your favorites, too. Burt's Bees~I don't even remember what I used to use before this!

    I LOVE how your coffee sack turned out, by the way. That frame is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anita! So glad you joined us, my blog friend! That picture of that sale made my heart do a little flip flop. I would love to dig through that junk! I love scarves and Ghiradelli as well and that sunset...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Burts Bees lipshimmer. The coffee is my all time favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anita-

    LOL about the scarves - I do love them as they add so much color, but just yesterday I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror and saw a neck I did not reccognize!!! I think this winter a few more turtlenecks may pop up in my wardrobe on days a scarf doesn't go.
    I can't go a day without just a tiny bit of dark chco. My new fav is Lake Champlain Chocolates.

    My best - Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails