11.28.2010

Shifting Gears

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I want to thank everyone for all of their sweet comments on my last post Giving Thanks. Thanks to those who joined in on the blog hop too. I've been trying to catch up on some blogs but there is just no way. You guys were busy while I was gone.

We had a great time with the family at my sister's house. We were busy little bees preparing food for 25 this time around. Two 14 pound turkeys and a 10 pound ham later, we decided we must go with bigger birds next year. Less pies, more bird. We had way, way too many pies.


I had camera problems so I didn't get a lot of great shots. We were able to eat outside since it was a warm day. My sister put together this arrangement the night before. We had to run to Publix to get some pans for the birds, we decided last minute that they needed separate pans, and I decided to pick up some more flowers. I thought she did a great job with it. She had this moss wreath that she bought on sale last year and I liked it flat on the table. I stuck a silver bowl in the wreath with some twigs around it. Then she put the arrangement in another silver bowl that fit right inside it. She added some leaves from the yard and some curly willow to fill it out. Isn't it gorgeous?


Here is what I ended up doing with all those tiny pine cones. I printed out the place cards on some card stock. Cut them out, rounded the corners and glued them on to some plum colored card stock. I had a leaf punch so I added some of the leaves. I folded the leaves and only glued one side down. They were stuck in the cones as a stand but we got some wind and they kept blowing over so they ended up side by side.


We also potted up some plum colored pansies in some silver bowls and added them to the ends with some leaf garland and small turkey votive candles
.

Now it's time to start thinking about Christmas. It's coming fast whether I'm ready or not. And just so you know, it did cool off yesterday on our drive home. We got down in the 30's last night. Not sure how long that will last.


see you later,

19 comments:

  1. What a long long table. Love that the dog was in the pic. Glad you had a good holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anita, it looks beautiful!!! i want to come have thanksgiving with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great holiday and so glad you had fun. Loved the ideas for the center pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Anita! I am so glad that you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are beautiful and that long table? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Anita, that just looks so lovely! And I can just imagine the love and laughter shared at that table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty table! And a long, long table at that:) Glad to hear that you had a good time, it's hard to believe Thanksgiving is over with already, isn't it? Looks like Henry was busy supervising!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful table. I can't believe that you can eat outside for Thanksgiving...it looks absolutely beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table looks so pretty and the flowers are gorgeous! Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving! I love big family gatherings. Glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving. It's hard to believe that now we're on to decorating for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like it was taken right out of a Martha Stewart Living magazine! well done..the flowers were gorgeous...and there really cannot ever be too many pies! perish the thought!

    have a nice day!
    ciao bella

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I'm so jealous that you got to eat outside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like it was a lot of fun. We always have way too many pies as well. One year, I think my mother had a pie for each person-it was crazy!! She wanted to make sure everyone had their favorite...
    xoxo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving that L O N G table!! Seriously, beautiful!!!

    The pine cone thingies are sweet! And the centerpiece!

    I know, Christmas has already hit here!!! BIG!!! It's blogging's fault!!!

    xoxo
    ~Kolein
    ps - there were just the 4 of us this year and our bird weighed in at 16.5 lbs. Huh? Needless to say, we gots lots of turkey soup and leftovers. We'll be eating it til Christmas! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those flowers are amazing! The arrangements are gorgeous. The whole table is gorgeous. You guys do such a beautiful job. I love that you all eat at one table together. As it should be. And you are able to eat outside, even better.
    And can you really have too much pie? I think not. We decided that the turkey was the under performer at our dinner, and next year will have ham instead. :)
    Glad you had a lovely day with your family and a safe trip.
    Sorry 'bout that cold snap.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anita! your table is grand! What gorgeous decorations, and the centerpiece is awesome! all the work was a labor of love, I'm sure.
    Debbie@lakehouse

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of my favorite things is a long table filled with pretty flowers. Very nice.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anita.. such a beautiful table set for your family.. the flowers are especially beautiful.. so glad you all were able to gather!
    Thanks for you visit to my blog today,, I've been away from it for a while.. so much going on in my life but I am happy to say I'm getting back to normal finally.
    Have a great Christmas season.. it's begun once again and I'm so ready... I love the holidays.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that's a Thanksgiving dinner!! Love your beautiful flower arrangement...

    ReplyDelete
  19. My friend, your table was gorgeous! At Christmas, I am taking my trusty laptop to the table with me and having your blog open to inspire me with all your sweet ideas.

    And there is never such a thing as too much pie or cake.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails